- de Groot JC, ten Brinke A, Bel EHD. “Management of the patient with eosinophilic asthma: A new era begins.” Eur Respir J Open Res 2015; 1: 00024-2016.
- Nair P. “What is an ‘eosinophilic phenotype’ of asthma?” J Allergy Clin Immunol 2013 Jul: 132(1): 81-83.
- Simpson JL, Scott R, Boyle MJ, et al. “Inflammatory subtypes in asthma: assessment and identification using induced sputum.” Respirology 11 (2006): 54-61.
- van Veen IH, Ten Brinke A, Gauw SA, et al. “Consistency of sputum eosinophilia in difficult-to-treat asthma: a 5-year follow-up study.” J Allergy Clin Immunol 2009; 124: 615-617.
- Walford HH, and Doherty TA. “Diagnosis and management of eosinophilic asthma: A U.S. perspective.” Journal of Asthma and Allergy 7 (2014): 53-65.
- Marissa Shams, MD
Emory University School of Medicine
- Michael E. Wechsler, MD, MMSc
National Jewish Health
Purvi Parikh, MD
NYU Langone Health