Eosinophilic asthma specialists

People with eosinophilic asthma (also known as eos asthma, e-asthma, or type 2 asthma) may have more than one doctor or specialist involved with their care.

The type of doctor who treats an asthmatic patient may depend on:

  • the subtype of asthma they are diagnosed with,
  • additional health conditions that they may have, or
  • access to local specialists.

These specialists may include:


Specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of allergic disorders. This includes asthma, allergic rhinitis, allergic skin disorders, medication, and food allergy as well as other diseases that impact the immune system.


Specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the lungs and respiratory tract, which includes asthma.


Specializes in wellness and provides strategies to cope with anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues related to chronic health conditions.

icon of upper case

Search APFED’s Specialist Finder

Find care for a variety of eosinophil-associated diseases.

Find a specialist »

Black woman at the doctor. He is explaining eos asthma to her.

Preparing for a doctor’s appointment

These tips may help you be more prepared for your appointment:

  • Keep a log of symptoms you are having, even if they do not seem related.
  • Bring a list of any prescription or over-the-counter medications you are taking. Include any vitamins and supplements that you are taking.
  • Jot down a list of questions. See suggestions on the Living with eosinophilic asthma page of this toolkit.

It’s valuable to make decisions WITH your doctor or specialist about the treatment that will work best for YOU.

Couple in their 50s looking at the camera and smiling.
Young girl with long red hair blowing on dandelion puff. There is very green grass in the background.
Asian couple in their 50s sitting on the couch. They are both posing for the camera and have a pleasant look on their face.
Ethnic man at a coffee shop.He's facing forward and smiling.